Love playing in the snow with your kids but hate the cold? Snow can actually be made right in your home. No, I’m not talking about the paper snowflakes from the last post, I’m talking about fluffy, white, ball-forming fun! Surprise your birthday boy or girl by creating a wintry wonderland with their family and friends. The look on their face will be something that you can hold onto forever. And! I guarantee they’ll never forget the day they made snowmen in their own house!
What you will need:
- 2 boxes of baking soda (or a giant one like I found)
- 1/2 bottle of hand lotion or conditioner (unscented is probably best… our house got a little too coconutty smelling for my taste)
- Some sort of container to mix it in (tub, big bowl)
- Wax paper to make snowmen on
- Any decorations you want to use for the snowmen (mini carrots, chocolate chips, etc. I used peppercorns for eyes and mouth) – Anything that can be found at The Dollar Store is a plus!
The snow takes one minute to make! First, pour the baking soda into your container. Next, add about 1/4 of the lotion/conditioner bottle and mix well. I found it’s better to start with a little at first and then add more as you go for the exact consistency you want. For a good, snowman-making snow, you’ll want it to be moist and mold-able but not too wet. The snow will also be COLD. How exciting!
I love this activity because it involves creation, experimentation, chemistry, laughing, and teamwork. It’s also under $12 which we LOVE. We know there are so many hosts who want their kids to have the most amazingly awesome birthday party… not to worry! We’ve got your back for a stress-free and affordable day – one your special birthday person will never forget!
*Thank you to ‘Growing a Jeweled Rose’ for her awesome snow recipe that I found on her Pinterest page. Website: growingajeweledrose.com – check it out!