Create your very own animal puppets for your next birthday celebration. I made a blueberry blue dinosaur, cotton candy cat, and a limey lizard. I can’t pick a favorite – they are all fun and unique in their own way. I used supplies that I had laying around the house, which actually can all be purchased at the dollar store.
What you’ll need:
- Paper, foam, cardboard – to make the body.
- Scissors – to cut the body out.
- Glue – I used a glue stick but hot glue (with adult supervision) is great too.
- Markers – if you want to color your animal.
- Fun doodads – I used mini poms, cut up felt, and metal spirals I had laying around.
- A cardboard box – if you’re wanting to put on a finger creature show!
Below are some fun ideas I came up with for the perfect playful puppet party!
Act out a scene – use a cardboard box for the stage, cut out a couple arm holes and act out a scene from your favorite movie using your playful puppets! It will be extra-silly.
Make up a dance – using the same cardboard box, make up a dance with another puppet and perform it for your friends! Have someone record it on their phone so you can see it later.
The greatest thing about these puppets is that every guest can be the animal they’ve always wanted to be! Puppets are inexpensive to construct and can be used in various ways that can last the entire length of the party. Laughter and chatter will fill the air, spreading from guest to guest… it’s contagious and unforgettable fun!